discuss - [opennic-discuss] ShofarDomain's rootless domain system

[opennic-discuss] ShofarDomain's rootless domain system

  • From: "John Kozlowski \(ShofarDomain.com\)" <John.Kozlowski AT ShofarDomain.com>
  • To: <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] ShofarDomain's rootless domain system
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 16:27:48 -0400

We have added OpenNIC to ShofarDomain’s rootless domain system and would welcome a dialog.  Our objective is not to be an alternative root, but to eliminate the need for roots.  With the rootless system all TLDs are peers.  With the peer model, the central authority is gone and the whole system is more resilient.

Our offering of TLDs, such as “.Gun”, “.TeaParty”, “.Occupy”, “.ProChoice”, “,ProLife”, and others use a digital signature based system that allows for true ownership rather than the rental model.  SLDs are offered at a $10 one-time fee and the business model allows for any party to become a retailer and retaining about half of that amount.

Our technology includes a model where DNS traffic is hidden from the ISP to prevent logging.

We invite dialog here and you can contact me directly at  John.Kozlowski AT ShofarDomain.com.

While not all data is in place, you can see what we have thus far for OpenNIC at http://ShofarDomain.com/Org,OpenNIC.

Respectfully,

John Kozlowski

ShofarDomain™