discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Registering OpenNIC as a non-profit corporation

Re: [opennic-discuss] Registering OpenNIC as a non-profit corporation

  • From: Brian Koontz <brian AT pongonova.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Registering OpenNIC as a non-profit corporation
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 14:43:25 -0500

On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 06:59:14PM +0000, Jonathan Plews wrote:
> Perhaps this kind of organisation is appropriate? It's also alot
> cheaper to set up.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_Interest_Company
>
> I'd be happy to participate in this, whichever registration method is used

This sounds interesting, and seems to be more aligned with the goals
of OpenNIC. However, we would obviously need a point person in the UK
to lead with this.

I didn't read the entire article...but are non-UK citizens permitted
to serve as members of the board? If not, this would severely
restrict the usefulness of a CIC, since we have a multinational
membership.

--Brian