discuss - [opennic-discuss] Thanks to Noah and Julian - The quest for OpenNIC as a genuine alternative to ICANN

[opennic-discuss] Thanks to Noah and Julian - The quest for OpenNIC as a genuine alternative to ICANN

  • From: "Michael G. Holmes" <michaelholmes AT ns.sympatico.ca>
  • To: <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Thanks to Noah and Julian - The quest for OpenNIC as a genuine alternative to ICANN
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 20:19:39 -0400

Noah,

O.K. - I'm beginning to get the picture. I've signed up with a free webhost (FreeWebHostingArea.com) but they wont accept my .indy TLD name.
Any suggestions on who might? Free is good.

Thanks

Julian,

I've realized I need to know more about what goes on at OpenNIC before I can contribute constructively. That I want to contribute is not in question - it's a matter of how. I'd like to work with Noah's string of thought in order to be able to present a functionality to OpenNic that's not yet available to more conventional users. My reasoning is that if OpenNIC can become baby-step accessible and serve the real need for alternative domains in the mainstream, it might garner the attention it deserves.

Thanks