discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Setting up Tier 0/1

Re: [opennic-discuss] Setting up Tier 0/1

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Setting up Tier 0/1
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 23:07:25 -0700

Tier 1 servers are specifically for hosting TLDs. They provide the registration points, distribution of data, and are generally the back-end of the opennic name space.

What type of data are you interested in serving? The biggest need we have at the moment is getting Tier-2 servers, which provide the publicly-available DNS nameservers. The more countries we have a presence in, the closer we are to reaching everyone.