discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] minor feedback

Re: [opennic-discuss] minor feedback

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] minor feedback
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 17:02:06 -0700

Last night I removed NS4 from the root zone in the root hints file.  For anyone slaving the root zone, you would have gotten an automatic update with this change.  There were a number of T2 servers that would throw out periodic errors because of NS4 pointing to the wrong location.

Although there are no published IPv6 addresses for the T1 servers, I can tell you that ns2.opennic.glue (my server) will respond on 2001:470:8388:10::2 and you are welcome to use this.  One of my local ISPs is working on native IPv6 addressing, so I'm hopeful to obtain one sometime in the near future.