discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] T2 Server ns1.uk Shutting down, Please Remove from the list

Re: [opennic-discuss] T2 Server ns1.uk Shutting down, Please Remove from the list

  • From: Zach Gibbens <infocop411 AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org, dns-operations AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] T2 Server ns1.uk Shutting down, Please Remove from the list
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 01:40:48 -0400

Server was Deactivated on 2011-04-26 at 01:31 GMT (I jumped the gun by
roughly 4 days, sorry about that, hopefully that didn't affect anyone
too badly, hopefully 31 hours was enough, I was trying to give 150
hours notice)

I had to speed things up due to the weather here in the Southeastern
US, I was very lucky personally, many in the county here were not as
lucky.

No doubt about it, when circumstances allow for me to support OpenNIC
again, I'll gladly do so, in the mean time, I'll be advocating OpenNIC
at any chance I get. any thing else requiring a daily involvement from
me will need somebody covering for me until I'm able to do so again.

I'll be on the list still, however I don't know about IRC yet, If
anyone has any questions for me, I'll gladly answer them the best I
can, given my constraints. I'm unsure how long until these
circumstances are over, but hopefully when they are, I'll be in an
even better position to help OpenNIC.

Signed,
Zach Gibbens

P.S. I want to thank everyone who has wished me luck for the
interesting times that lie ahead.

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Zach Gibbens <infocop411 AT gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Opennic Community,
>
> Due to some recent events, which I cannot discuss, I will be shutting
> down my server ns1.uk 109.74.196.32 on May 1st, 0001 GMT
> I will not be having any planned downtime between now and then, as
> originally planned.
> 109.74.196.32
> This is unfortunate but serves opennic's interests the best under
> these circumstances, seeing as my ability to be involved will be
> limited for the foreseeable future, I will wait for the day when I can
> be involved again.
> Sorry I have to be vague on the circumstances.
>
> Signed,
> Zach Gibbens

  • Re: [opennic-discuss] T2 Server ns1.uk Shutting down, Please Remove from the list, Zach Gibbens, 05/02/2011