discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Some others alternative DNS root

Re: [opennic-discuss] Some others alternative DNS root

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Some others alternative DNS root
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 09:14:58 -0600

Oh yes, the Cesidian root... Instead of trying to explain what happened, I'll just link you to the archive of the final email thread which correlates to the time of the blog post that you linked. Suffice it to say that OpenNic *was* in talks with him until he started answering questions about the technicalities of his setup with replies of religious prophecies.

http://osdir.com/ml/network.opennic.general/2006-01/msg00072.html
The entire thread is there, so feel free to scan through and see what led to this outburst. And yes, "Jeff" in that thread is me.

I'm still curious to find out what happened to Dot42 -- I thought we were making good progress, then suddenly talks just ceased. I've never heard of the China MII root, but I for one certainly have no problem with any attempts by someone from that country to get more access to the rest of the world (although I would worry about government repercussions towards their operators). We have the tools in place to generate root zones inclusive of any root we are peering with, whenever we can reach an agreement.