discuss - [opennic-discuss] Fwd: server setup

[opennic-discuss] Fwd: server setup

  • From: Dale <dweide9 AT aim.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Fwd: server setup
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 20:23:39 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,
Boy, I can see why most people need their website hosted. This DNS crap can
drive a person nuts!
So I updated my ISP with what Amrit & Alex said & below is his response. In
my freespeech.free control panel there is only info regarding name servers,
their settings & whether I choose to use my own or opennics, & I chose
opennic's servers. There is no place to put in my static ip address. It
sounds like what he is saying, is that everything needs to be correct &
working between opennic's name servers & my computer before an rDNS will work
on his end. Does it sound like I am reading him correctly & if so, is he
right?

Dale