discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] new Tier 2 in LU

Re: [opennic-discuss] new Tier 2 in LU

  • From: Maximi89 <maximi89 AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] new Tier 2 in LU
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 12:32:08 -0300

hi,

2012/2/19 Niels Dettenbach <nd AT syndicat.com>
Dears,

sorry for my incompetent noise here in the past - but the wiki seems down...

For now i've set up a (public) Tier 2 as a view on a new IP on a existing
named in LU. I hope i've fiddeled the view correctly together so far - My
tests until now seems to be successful.

       IPv4: 217.171.190.12
       DNS: ons1.syndicat.oss / ons1.syndicat.com (A/PTR)

(are there any naming conventions for public T2?)

Happy testing / usage...

Some tests you can try to verify if your server works.

http://opennic.oss/test

or from CLI
dig @217.171.190.12 opennic.glue

But i can confirm you that the server works fine.
If anything works as expected - end of next week i will follow with another
one in DE.

Both of them should serves SOAs / zones as prim/sec down from second level
domains for our existing DNS users too so that they can manage their OpenNIC
zones over our DNS tool too. Would extend this to a free service in the
future.

Unfortunately it seems the wiki was/is not reachable today here - so i will
lay it down for now and come back later...
Yeah, it's down, probably a problem on the HTTP server, Julian need to check that.

btw: Is there any further reason or is it just "to busy"?

cheers,

Niels.
--
---