discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Anticipating any storm related outages?

Re: [opennic-discuss] Anticipating any storm related outages?

  • From: mike <mike AT pikeaero.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Anticipating any storm related outages?
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 09:58:52 -0500

Thanks for the well wishes, Mike, same to you. NY got hit pretty hard, eh?

Not too bad here, some high wind yesterday, and a brief outage upstream.

Wind is starting to kick up a little bit again now, I'm guessing we
might see some power outages later in the day or evening, I've got ~20
minutes of UPS only, anyway, we'll soon see!

- --Mike

On 10/30/2012 08:01 AM, Mike Skelly wrote:

> Everything looked good until we suddenly dropped offline at 0145
> (local) without any warnings. All links into the site went down at
> the same time, I'm betting we lost something serious upstream.
>
> My office is in the mandatory evacuation zone in the Brooklyn Navy
> Yard, so I don't have an estimate of when they'll let us back on
> site yet.
>
> ns1.ny.us 64.0.55.201 - Currently down due to Sandy
>
> Here in Bordentown, NJ (home) we lost power for about 2 hours, the
> rest of the town was out for longer and there are a bunch of big
> old trees that couldn't take it anymore.
>
> Hope you're safe Mike. I'll update the server situation when I get
> more information.
>
> - Mike Skelly
>
> On Oct 29, 2012, at 3:11 AM, mike wrote:
>
>> Anybody else with a chance of getting taken down by Hurricane
>> Sandy?
>
>> I'm potentially in line with it for Wednesday or so, and if it's
>> very heavy rain I could experience some flooding (I have a
>> significant stream out back), and if it looks like it's getting
>> out of control, I'll be moving the rack out of the basement in a
>> hurry.
>
>> The forecasts have it moving a little more toward the east of me
>> to where I would catch the edge of it, but who knows. In my case,
>> it's the potential for very heavy rain that I'm mostly concerned
>> about, and the power of course.
>
>> In any case, if I am forced to go off-line that will be
>
>> ns1.on.ca 216.167.252.196 ns4.on.ca 216.167.252.195 ns6.on.ca
>> 216.167.252.197
>
>> - --Mike
>

> -------- You are a member of the OpenNIC Discuss list. You may
> unsubscribe by emailing
> discuss-unsubscribe AT lists.opennicproject.org

- --
Regards,

Mike Sharkey,CEO
Pike Aerospace Research Corp. (Pike Aero)
420 Cross Street
Sudbury, Ontario
Canada P3E-3W1

P:1+(705)586-2255