discuss - [opennic-discuss] [david@from525.com: [dns-operations] Request To Clear Cache: NYTimes.com]

[opennic-discuss] [david AT from525.com: [dns-operations] Request To Clear Cache: NYTimes.com]

  • From: staticsafe <me AT staticsafe.ca>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] [david AT from525.com: [dns-operations] Request To Clear Cache: NYTimes.com]
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 18:01:40 -0400

----- Forwarded message from "david AT from525.com" <david AT from525.com> -----

Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 16:55:19 -0500
From: "david AT from525.com" <david AT from525.com>
To: dns-operations AT mail.dns-oarc.net

All,

I am a DNS Administrator at NYTimes.com. Earlier today we had issues with
our registrar updating our NS records on the root servers to a malicious
site. The registrar has since locked our domain with the registry on our
proper Name Servers. We have had reports that the malicious site that our
domain was redirected to was infecting users with malware. It would be a
great service to the internet if everyone could please clear their cache
for NYTimes.com. I understand that several other large websites/domains
are experience the same thing. I would not be surprised if several request
like this come in over the list today.

Thanks,
David Porsche
Systems Administrator