discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] .OZ admin bowing out...

Re: [opennic-discuss] .OZ admin bowing out...

  • From: Mario Rodriguez <admin AT bambusoft.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] .OZ admin bowing out...
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2014 10:49:44 -0500

Hi all:

About .OZ transfer:

>>- Gather a team if possible
>>- Setup a T1
>>- Setup a registration interface
>>- Transfer domains and users over, reset passwords
>>- Test with Jeff

- Gather a team if possible
If someone wants to be part of .OZ team please send me an email to start .OZ Team

- Setup a T1
The server is up and running since 28/Apr

- Setup a registration interface
I'm working on this

- Transfer domains and users over, reset passwords
I'm ready to receive the information

About gp AT gparent.net concerns
The server is not dedicated to opennic activities only, so, root access is not an option. But, I'm open to be audited by other T1 operator, If any of you have any suggestion about how to accomplish this i will appreciate.

I understand your concern about security on MD5 passwords but It's up to Martin how he is going to send me the users data, I will only send one email to introduce my self, welcome all users
give the users the option to stay or close his account and give all of them a support channel, and btw I´m against SPAM.

I can give users the option of reset passwords at the beginning and store with sha1 with unique random salts. Then delete md5 passwords.

About IRC
Sorry guys, but I live on the other side of the wolrd (-15:00 hrs difference between México & Australia), I agree with Jon Plews, IRC comms must be summarized.