discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [T1] ns5 and ns6

Re: [opennic-discuss] [T1] ns5 and ns6

  • From: Julian DeMarchi <julian AT jdcomputers.com.au>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [T1] ns5 and ns6
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 2014 20:55:56 +1000

On 01/05/14 13:02, Julian DeMarchi wrote:
> I'm going to propose that by the end of tomorrow (GMT+10) that we drop
> both servers and vote on the fate of the TLDs they hold.
>
> Far to long have we been held to the mercy of unresponsive operators.
> When you take on the duties of a T1 and TLD admin, you have committed
> yourself. If you can't keep this commitment, pull your server.

Due to the failure of the TLD admin of .ing(which google now has
approval to use as a gTLD with in ICANN namespace) and .micro to
full-fill the promise of bringing this box back, we have no choice but
to drop ns5 from the OpenNIC root and consider the TLDs abandoned.

We now have a choice, do we drop the .micro TLD or keep it?

--julian

(I'm off on holidays for 2 weeks from today, so move forward without me)