discuss - [opennic-discuss] Cheap, extremely reliable hosting

[opennic-discuss] Cheap, extremely reliable hosting

  • From: gp AT gparent.net
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Cheap, extremely reliable hosting
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 15:02:27 +0000

Hello,

I am writing here because I figure some people may be wondering where to get proper hosting for their Tier 1 / Tier 2 servers at an affordable price.

Linode just recently came out with a $10 plan that is basically equivalent to their pre-2048 upgrade 1024 plans. This brings their pricing much closer to other hosters while retaining the same great Linode control panel and featureset.

As for DDoS: So far so good, but I haven't been targeted as much as others have. Linode provides nothing special for that, except inbound transfer is free so you don't pay for the DDoS at least as long as you stop the replies. I am going to shamelessly offer my referral code here: consider it a way to help OpenNIC since the money I get will be used to pay for the current VM I host in Japan out of my own pocket.

Linode

Enjoy and thanks to anyone who wishes to use the link. I can only praise Linode after using them over the past 4-5 years.