discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] EmerCoin: DNS peering and SSH PKI

Re: [opennic-discuss] EmerCoin: DNS peering and SSH PKI

  • From: Oleg Khovayko <khovayko AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] EmerCoin: DNS peering and SSH PKI
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 00:07:33 -0500

Colleagues,

I thanked little more, and decide, lets we will do things step by step, without significant system modifying at once.
My plan following:

1. As "pilot project", we will run wallets (with support DNS answers) on two our (emercoin team) dedicated machines, and
OpenNIC servers will forward requests to *.coin|*.emc zones to that servers.
By this way, we will test technology, and perhaps, we will need patch wallets, to add some necessary features.

2. In 1-2 months, if everything will work OK, we can start stage 2 - install wallets on OpenNIC machines (for instance, tier-1 only),
and modify configs, to send requests to localhosts instead of external servers.

Of course, this is not necessary chose one or another exclusively. We can run hybrid system, when some OpenNIC servers forwards requests to
our wallets, and another machines runs their own wallets, and request localhosts.

Unfortunately, emcssh (PKI system) can work only on machines, where wallet is running.
So, if you needed benefit of this network management system, you need to install wallet.

OK. I happy to note, we reached main milestone: Currently, we have principal agreement about peering.
In ~1week we will prepare two our servers with DNS-wallets, and I will send e-mail, contains forward information for peering.

Thanks,
Oleg