discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] EmerCoin: DNS peering and SSH PKI

Re: [opennic-discuss] EmerCoin: DNS peering and SSH PKI

  • From: Julian De Marchi <julian AT jdcomputers.com.au>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] EmerCoin: DNS peering and SSH PKI
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 14:11:15 +1000

On 11/30/14 15:07, Oleg Khovayko wrote:
Colleagues,

I thanked little more, and decide, lets we will do things step by step,
without significant system modifying at once.
My plan following:

I'm happy to flow with this. THe 7 day count down can now begin. Then after our 7 days we can call this matter to a vote.

1. As "pilot project", we will run wallets (with support DNS answers) on
two our (emercoin team) dedicated machines, and
OpenNIC servers will forward requests to *.coin|*.emc zones to that
servers.
By this way, we will test technology, and perhaps, we will need patch
wallets, to add some necessary features.

2. In 1-2 months, if everything will work OK, we can start stage 2 -
install wallets on OpenNIC machines (for instance, tier-1 only),
and modify configs, to send requests to localhosts instead of external
servers.

Of course, this is not necessary chose one or another exclusively. We
can run hybrid system, when some OpenNIC servers forwards requests to
our wallets, and another machines runs their own wallets, and request
localhosts.

Unfortunately, emcssh (PKI system) can work only on machines, where
wallet is running.
So, if you needed benefit of this network management system, you need to
install wallet.

OK. I happy to note, we reached main milestone: Currently, we have
principal agreement about peering.
In ~1week we will prepare two our servers with DNS-wallets, and I will
send e-mail, contains forward information for peering.

Thanks for all the good work mate!

--julian