discuss - [opennic-discuss] Dropping support for dnscrypt on Japan T2 server

[opennic-discuss] Dropping support for dnscrypt on Japan T2 server

  • From: Guillaume Parent <gp AT gparent.net>
  • To: dns-operations AT lists.opennicproject.org, discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Dropping support for dnscrypt on Japan T2 server
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 16:24:51 +0000

Hi,

Unfortunately I will be forced to end support for dnscrypt wrapping on the Japan T2 server.

The reason is simple: the software is unstable. I can't risk maintaining a server with services that crash all the damn time. While the server itself didn't run under root privileges, I am uncomfortable with the possibility of an exploit being developed against that software since with the number of crashes I've seen I'm sure anyone with reverse engineering skills could do so given enough time.

I will be trying to turn the service on for a few days every few months, but otherwise do not expect it to stay up any more.

Thank you,
-gp

  • [opennic-discuss] Dropping support for dnscrypt on Japan T2 server, Guillaume Parent, 01/06/2015