discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
Subject: Discuss mailing list
Re: [opennic-discuss] "ICANN links" - keep this in mind
- From: Amunak <amunak AT amunak.net>
- To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
- Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] "ICANN links" - keep this in mind
- Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 11:25:11 +0100
Not really, unless Google and other search engines start indexing opennic domains. And even then that's not really an issue - when search engines encounter duplicate or very similar websites, they pick one and index only that one.
You run into a similar issue when people link to your site - but you probably don't want to link to the opennic domain since most people won't be able to use that, so you should redirect everything to ICANN domain anyway.
[2015-02-26 6:46+0100] Daniel R. Quintiliani <danq AT runbox.com> wrote:
Hi, Reading over the ICANN link thread, I remembered something I ran into while discussing issues with my domain names on myWOT.com a long time ago, and that is "duplicate content". If a site is replicated rather than redirected, it is penalized in the search engines. Same goes for domain names that aren't similar enough. Just something to think about.
- [opennic-discuss] "ICANN links" - keep this in mind, Daniel R. Quintiliani, 02/26/2015
- Re: [opennic-discuss] "ICANN links" - keep this in mind, Amunak, 02/26/2015
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.