discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] .parody domains have NOT been deleted

Re: [opennic-discuss] .parody domains have NOT been deleted

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] .parody domains have NOT been deleted
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 15:03:52 -0600
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx4.sourpuss.net 0D9EC2D4E0

This is one piece of the LDAP registrar system that I developed.  We have an active github again, I just haven't had a chance to push the latest code up to it.

The code is set up to send multiple notifications that a domain is expiring (usually at 28, 14, and 7 days before expiration).  Unfortunately since the code has not been working properly for the past year, all of the older domains had exceeded the due date.  During testing, I run the code in debug mode so no actual changes are made on the server.  Unfortunately I forgot the cron job that runs it once per hour, and right after fixing the broken code the job came up to check parody domains.

Before letting the code actually start running live again, I implemented a couple of significant improvements.  The first was to make sure that the user has actually been notified recently before allowing a domain to be deleted (which will save us from future accidental deletions should the code fail again for a length of time).  The second change was to have it store an LDIF file of the complete domain being removed, so that I can easily restore a domain that wasn't supposed to be removed.

I'll try to post an announcement when I get the code posted up on github.