discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Downtime for the API and servers pages

Re: [opennic-discuss] Downtime for the API and servers pages

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: OpenNIC discussion <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Downtime for the API and servers pages
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 22:16:20 -0700
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx4.sourpuss.net 3975F2D4E7

All services should be back online again.

On 02/11/2017 05:54 PM, Jeff Taylor wrote:
In about 2 hours I will be shutting down my servers for a hardware ugrade.  The API pages and servers.opennicproject.org will be the most obvious, but NS2 will also be offline, including the domain registration pages for dyn, free, geek, gopher, indy, libre, oss, parody, and pirate.  Grep.geek will be down...  What else did I miss?

Anyway, I'm moving all of my storage drives to a new machine, along with the sql databases, and transferring some data to new drives. Most of the process will be waiting on data to copy between machines, however I expect a down time of at least 2 hours, probably more.