discuss - [opennic-discuss] Attn: .o domain holders

[opennic-discuss] Attn: .o domain holders

  • From: Jonah Aragon <jonaharagon AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Attn: .o domain holders
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 01:33:46 +0000

Hello!

For the admittedly few users who *currently* hold .o domains:

 - Your domains will cease to function in 2 hours (3:30 AM GMT)

I'm currently resetting my entire Tier 1 server in order to reconfigure it to the final registry system we've finally completed. The old registry system didn't validate anything so I'm not bothering to move any records, because it seems many people entered IP addresses, invalid strings, or just left the NS record blank entirely, it's just created a mess.

So what I've done is reserved all the existing domains on an account with no records added to them. Your domains won't function, but they will at least not be available for registration. Please email me directly telling me what domain you had registered and I will give you details on how to create an account on the (private) registry system and transfer the domain to your account.

If you do not email me requesting a transfer, I'll be deleting all unclaimed domains 90 days from now, and they will be released back to the public.

Everyone else: I'll send more details about the registration panel by next Friday, just need to finish some final touches before I open registrations.

Jonah

  • [opennic-discuss] Attn: .o domain holders, Jonah Aragon, 08/19/2017