discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Questions on and hints for ".rus" charter as submitted to OpenNIC

Re: [opennic-discuss] Questions on and hints for ".rus" charter as submitted to OpenNIC

  • From: "Dmitry S. Nikolaev" <dn AT mega-net.ru>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Questions on and hints for ".rus" charter as submitted to OpenNIC
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 12:44:51 +0300

Hi.

First of all, thanks for the letter and opinion.

Second, I will try to answer.

Is that gratis/free of charge, or is that related to freedom?
Meaning that no money payments required at all (completely free).

The difference is not clear to me.
Difference is that "rules" must be followed, "notes" is "notes" - information to the user.

Also it's not exactly clear if they are binding or for discussion (in individual cases).
Sorry, don`t understand the question. Can you rephrase or explain more detailed ?

Can you please define who's definition of "humanity" you refer to as well as who's standards for "morality"? Please also see [0].
Just by starting to list all such words, you can write several pages of text and still miss something. That`s why i wrote this text.

Ok, let`s do examples of "the public interest, the principles of humanity and morality":

- drugs
- terrorism
- porn with children
- killings
- religious intolerance
- racism
- nazism (fascism)
And so on. All of this  is condemned by mankind and called "principles of humanity and morality".

That is not a term I have ever heard. If I take apart that I think you talk about HTTP services provided using the domain name in question, I would guess it's kind of a whois like service.
You can help me with rephrase this. I don't mind. Maybe on my not so good english it`s sound not correct.
The meaning is the same as previous item. But it was about domain name and here is about content that domain provide.

You refer to "the world community". But all of the terms lack of an international definition. And: Who could define them?
Ok, if the definition is so necessary, then I can use "UN" (http://www.un.org/).

About the length of a domain name you write ...
I think that 32 symbols it`s more than enow for the domain name. I don`t want people to create something like djahgfwroighsuiehgihsdijghvjaisdhfgswreuighaedasifghrqaeiurfq.RUS
Only varchar(32)    utf8_general_ci

Next you write about the expire procedure. This is all fine with me, but I think a native speaker should re-work the sentence
I don`t have native speakers... It`s a pity :(
Albongo said that he can help but I think he still don`t have enow time for this because I don`t received anything from him.
The main idea of expiry is if someone stopped using domain name it can be avail to be registered again after some time if anyone wants this domain name.
So I wrote two phase of expiry:
- 6 months
- plus one week
If 6 months and one week passed  and the domain holder do not prolong registration on the domain name - it will be avail for registering by anyone.

What is a "domain holder"
I took this concept from other OpenNIC charters.
"domain holder" is a person who have registered domain name in TLD.

In "Disputes" you write "trademarks". Is this any specific registration service or any? What about de facto trademarks (e.g. "OpenNIC")?
Same as previous, I took this concept from other OpenNIC charters.
I don`t understand what you mean by "specific registration". The meaning that if some trademark what to register domain name and it already registered, so they can dispute a domain.

Some more general notes about the structure
I will think about it and see what I can do.

P.S. Despite the fact that you said that you are not a lawyer for me you are talking as a lawyer and treat the rules as a real contract.
You can read other charters:
- https://wiki.opennic.org/opennic/dot/o
- https://wiki.opennic.org/opennic/dot/libre
- https://wiki.opennic.org/opennic/dot/cyb
- https://wiki.opennic.org/opennic/dot/chan
and so on. I think you can say the same about them. So don`t be so picky.
With best regards, Dmitry S. Nikolaev
virus_net