discuss - [opennic-discuss] Are anycast Tier2 resolvers block some IPs?

[opennic-discuss] Are anycast Tier2 resolvers block some IPs?

  • From: Vladimir Lomov <lomov.vl AT yandex.ru>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Are anycast Tier2 resolvers block some IPs?
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 10:11:34 +0800

Hello,

I'm using dnscrypt-proxy on linux with one of anycast Tier2 resolvers
(they are named as fvz-anyone and fvz-anytwo) but sometimes I can't
obtain certificate from any of these resolvers (using IPv4, IPv6 works
fine).

I asked dnscrypt-proxy developer about the issue
(https://github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy/issues/788) and he suggested
to ask for help on OpenNIC ML.

I also asked my provider about situation but they replied that they
don't block Tier2 resolvers IP.

I had problem with IP (external IP that my provider gives to the
modem): 178.184.248.226 and I'm having problem with IP 176.48.17.223.

I'm tracking IPs that the provider gives to the modem (from the end of
May) and these IPs were never assigned to the modem earlier.

Any thoughts abouth that?

--
It is better to kiss an avocado than to get in a fight with an aardvark.

  • [opennic-discuss] Are anycast Tier2 resolvers block some IPs?, Vladimir Lomov, 12/14/2017