discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] DDoS protection

Re: [opennic-discuss] DDoS protection

  • From: Christopher <weblionx AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] DDoS protection
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 18:30:01 -0500

Could you be more specific about which commands you're entering, and
what your existing configuration is? If you're entering everything
listed on the T2 security page without understanding the specifics it
could be causing problems. E.g. the page says to insert, but if you're
appending, you may be cause issues with your rules.

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 11:04 AM, ST <a1c9qpc AT fastmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have setup a Tier-2 DNS server on Digital Ocean by following the Jonah
> Aragon's directions. Before I list my server ip, I want to make sure it is
> reasonably protected against DDoS attack. I followed the iptable commands
> listed on the wiki and, my server stops resolving every time I enter any of
> the rate limit or throttle commands.
>
> Can someone tell me appropriate commands for Bind9 installed Ubuntu ? Also,
> any other steps to take before listing the ip.
>
> Thank you,
> ST
>
> PS: I'm not an IS/IT person, doing this to support and learn few new things.

  • Re: [opennic-discuss] DDoS protection, Christopher, 02/02/2018