discuss - [opennic-discuss] .free is shutting down

[opennic-discuss] .free is shutting down

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] .free is shutting down
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 09:50:31 -0600
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx5.sourpuss.net B1B542D688

Even though the ICANN .free domains are not yet open for public registration the zone is starting to get used by Amazon.  We've been sitting on it long enough, I think it is time to shut down our own TLD and let the ICANN version start appearing in our root zone. I've started making changes so any opennic .free domains which still exist will no longer resolve after the next root zone goes out.

  • [opennic-discuss] .free is shutting down, Jeff Taylor, 04/13/2018