discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
Subject: Discuss mailing list
Re: [opennic-discuss] [URGENT] [ROUND-ROBIN] DNS POISONING/POSSIBLE MITM ATTACK
- From: Lennart Seitz <mail AT lseitz.de>
- To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
- Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [URGENT] [ROUND-ROBIN] DNS POISONING/POSSIBLE MITM ATTACK
- Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 15:40:26 +0200
what resolver did you use before switching to google? Keep in mind that DNS is a plaintext protocol, perhaps somebody MITM your request?
From my side i can verify that duckduckgo.com is resolving correctly on the T2 i am running and also the anycast (which you probabbly ment by round-robin?) under 126.96.36.199 by NextGi.
On 31.08.2021 14:10, Se7en wrote:
<https://freespeechextremist.com/notice/AAsjNZDuAZEtjAgjBo> Numerous sites redirect to either Facebook or a fraudulent Chinese register named 190.vip which is fraudulently selling domain names that already exist. The solution was to change from OpenNIC's Round-Robin to GoogleDNS. Someone has poisoned the OpenNICProject's Round-Robin service with a malicious server conducting MITM attacks.
-- Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Lennart Seitz PGP-Schlüssel: 0x187abd76a5660379 (https://pgp.lseitz.de/key.asc) --
[opennic-discuss] [URGENT] [ROUND-ROBIN] DNS POISONING/POSSIBLE MITM ATTACK,
- Re: [opennic-discuss] [URGENT] [ROUND-ROBIN] DNS POISONING/POSSIBLE MITM ATTACK, Lennart Seitz, 08/31/2021
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.24.