discuss - [opennic-discuss] .free TLD

[opennic-discuss] .free TLD

  • From: Julian DeMarchi <julian AT jdcomputers.com.au>
  • To: office AT dotfreegroup.com
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] .free TLD
  • Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 10:26:30 +1000

To whom it may concern,

I have had your website brought to my attention and I would like to
raise some issue's with your group.

The .free TLD has already been in use by the OpenNIC group since 2007
and the rights to this TLD are not yours to use. I noticed you've only
been doing this since 2009, so the rights to .free TLD are clearly
OpenNIC's and not yourselves.

I am kindly writing to you to ask that you drop this TLD and obey
RFC2826. If you proceed with this TLD, you will bring un-balance to the
internet by ways of a conflicting root and your TLD will be
un-accessible to anyone using OpenNIC DNS servers.

Time to play fair with others, and not walking over the little guys.

Regards,

Julian De Marchi

  • [opennic-discuss] .free TLD, Julian DeMarchi, 10/31/2010