discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Uploading websites to OpenNIC domains

Re: [opennic-discuss] Uploading websites to OpenNIC domains

  • From: Julian DeMarchi <julian AT jdcomputers.com.au>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Uploading websites to OpenNIC domains
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 07:57:18 +1000

> I am new and not server savvy - but I can operate in other programs. I do
> feel strongly about OpenNic and would like to contribute. The best way I
> can think of is to write an OpenNIC Wiki article on how to upload and
> manage web pages on OpenNIC. First, I have to figure out how to do that. I
> propose that you folks on the mailing list help me get some basics figured
> out and I will write a clear and comprehensive guide for current and future
> OpenNIC users. I am familiar with FTP and Dreamweaver. I could figure out
> Joomla! and share me experience with new users.

For OpenNIC users who wish to host their own websites, I am able to
provide some small webhosting and email space. Contact me privately if
you are interested.

> The need for clear communication is also apparent on the introductory pages
> of opennicproject.org. I might be convinced to work on this project as
> well. I have some graphic ability in Adode Illustrator and Photoshop - so
> I'll toss that into the mix too.

Thanks for this offer. To submit articles on the Joomla! site, login as
yourself, and use the submit article button on the left hand side. Your
contributions are more then welcome.

--julian