discuss - [opennic-discuss] Various thoughts

[opennic-discuss] Various thoughts

  • From: Caleb Langeslag <takyoji AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Various thoughts
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 18:47:46 -0600

Just various things I've pointed out in the IRC channel, and was
intending to also mention on the mailing list:

1. Perhaps there could be a code repository for the source code of the
domain registration websites, so that we can improve those further.
2. Any domain expiration policy? It seems like there's a lot of
registered, but non-used domains.
3. Is there some type of WHOIS registry for OpenNIC, or something
similar to such? Perhaps there could also be a way to have domain
owners be contactable, without giving out their true email address, or
some anti-spam measure.
4. Perhaps someone should start a directory of various public domains
with OpenNIC TLDs? (for example, when a person register a domain, they
can check an option for them to be included in the directory)
5. Any status as of search engines? All of what I've used only seems
to retrieve content from like just 3 domains.