discuss - [opennic-discuss] FW: Technical Problems

[opennic-discuss] FW: Technical Problems

  • From: "Hanselka, Alex" <alex AT hanselka.name>
  • To: OpenNIC Discuss <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] FW: Technical Problems
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 03:55:32 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

-----Original Message-----
From: subhuman [mailto:discipline AT gmx.net]
Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2010 9:32 PM
To: OpenNIC Discuss
Subject: Technical Problems

Hi @all,

sorry for barking in here, but since I've encountered several problems, one
of which is that there is no mail address on any of the project's pages
except this one, I simply have to misuse it.

I've just tried to migrate to OpenNIC, however it didn't work.

1. I replaced the nameservers listed in resolv.conf by the two german ip's
listed on your homepage. However, since the two environment variables $DNS1
and $DNS2 still kept the values pppd once defined them with I had to run a
/etc/init.d/networking stop|start - of course after having commented the
"usepeerdns" options in /etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider. (Two vital necessities
that somehow slipped the author of the HowTo on your site). After that
nothing on the internet was reachable anymore, whence I must assume that
those nameservers aren't active anymore.

2. In order to be able to post these problems on your forum I tried to
register on your site. The result always was: "Illegal token", however
unsophisticated a password I chose. I fancy it's the "@" in the mail address
your server's script stumbles upon - which wouldn't be fanciful at all but
most dilettantish indeed.

Hence I must conclude that however interesting and necessary (in the light of
all that wikileaks hullabaloo of these days) a project like yours appears to
be - the more disappointing yours actually presents itself. Too bad...

Is OpenNIC by any chances still alive? If so could anyone shed some light on
me?

Many thanks in advance
Martin

--
Volk ist Opium für eine Religion.

  • [opennic-discuss] FW: Technical Problems, Hanselka, Alex, 12/19/2010