discuss - [opennic-discuss] Update to T1/T2 test page

[opennic-discuss] Update to T1/T2 test page

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Update to T1/T2 test page
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 16:01:29 -0700

I have made some changes to the information being shown on the test page which should provide greatly improved data when there is a failure.

- Depending on the address provided, either A or AAAA records will now be tested
- Multiple tests are now being run - both SOA and A/AAAA records are being tested
- A failure will display the returned values, along with the value we were expecting to see
- Recursion failures are now pointed out, and if any other specific failures show up later, I can add them as well

Hopefully this will help folks with testing their machines as more people set up tier-2 services.
Test page: http://opennic.oss/test/

Thanks to those who have let me hammer at their failing servers over the past few days to improve the test for everyone!