discuss - [opennic-discuss] Opinions requested on registry web interface

[opennic-discuss] Opinions requested on registry web interface

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Opinions requested on registry web interface
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 15:35:45 -0700

We've been having discussions on IRC regarding what the operators want to see for functionality of the registry interface, but I would like to open the floor to discussion from you guys, the end-users, on what makes a good interface for your purposes..?

We have several different interfaces in place right now... reg.for.free, opennic.oss, and opennic.fur. Each interface is vastly different, and I've been told there are good and bad points of each. So lets document all of those ideas. If the interface could provide everything you want, what would you like to see? What fields or functionality do you need to manage your own domains? What visual aspects make is easier to navigate through the various functions? What information is missing or needs clarification?

Please be as descriptive as you can. Reference specific web pages if you can, including any public-access pages or screenshots (with sensitive info blurred out) you can provide to give a clear idea of your idea. This is your big chance to have input on an overhaul of the system, so lets hear what you've got!