discuss - [opennic-discuss] Small Windows DNS Caveat

[opennic-discuss] Small Windows DNS Caveat

  • From: Amrit Panesar <apanesar AT 4195tech.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Small Windows DNS Caveat
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 01:03:54 -0700

After fiddling around with the DNS settings on my windows box, (in an
attempt to use OpenNIC's DNS), i eventually realized that my IPv6 DNS
settings overrode my IPv4 DNS settings. By adding both IPv4 and IPv6
OpenNIC DNS addresses, I am now able to resolve OpenNIC domains.

Just thought other people might be in the same situation, and give up on
OpenNIC :P.

Thanks

--AP