discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
Subject: Discuss mailing list
- From: subhuman <discipline AT gmx.net>
- To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
- Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Small Windows DNS Caveat
- Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 16:31:42 +0200
- List-archive: <http://lists.darkdna.net/pipermail/discuss>
- List-id: <discuss.lists.opennicproject.org>
In addition to your posting I might add that some ISPs (mine for
example) insist on the "usepeerdns" option in the ppp configuration
script. If it is omitted no DNS queries will be routed, and hence no
DNS based internet connection can be established. The only way to
circumvent that lies in updating both resolv.confs after the ISP's
primary needs have been satisfied.
For the 'nix instance:
- edit resolv.conf.opennic, let's say in /root
- edit an additional script containing the following verses:
cat resolv.conf.opennic | resolvconf -a ppp0
cp resolv.conf.opennic /etc/ppp/resolv.conf
- run the script.
An ugly hack, admitted, especially with regard of the hardcoded ppp
device, but works for me. ;)
On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 01:03:54 -0700
Amrit Panesar <apanesar AT 4195tech.com> wrote:
> After fiddling around with the DNS settings on my windows box, (in an
> attempt to use OpenNIC's DNS), i eventually realized that my IPv6 DNS
> settings overrode my IPv4 DNS settings. By adding both IPv4 and IPv6
> OpenNIC DNS addresses, I am now able to resolve OpenNIC domains.
> Just thought other people might be in the same situation, and give up on
> OpenNIC :P.
> discuss mailing list
> discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
Volk ist Opium für eine Religion.
- [opennic-discuss] Small Windows DNS Caveat, Amrit Panesar, 04/21/2011
- Re: [opennic-discuss] Small Windows DNS Caveat, subhuman, 04/21/2011
- <Possible follow-up(s)>
- Re: [opennic-discuss] Small Windows DNS Caveat, Niels Dettenbach, 04/21/2011
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.