discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] About DNS statistic Tools

Re: [opennic-discuss] About DNS statistic Tools

  • From: "A. Freedman" <transtelematics AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] About DNS statistic Tools
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 14:26:10 +0800

Re: Do you happen to have a working example with graphs to show us?

Hi Julian,

No, I like to run a visual simulation of the telemetry in the labs first, and see the coherence graphs of the interactions of N^n roods, nodes and paths in conjection state.

More likely with Sam W.  form  http://ai.ki/labs/  and  virtual internet laboratories support (Hopefully :).

It is a challenge, a good one.

Andy

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Julian DeMarchi <julian AT jdcomputers.com.au> wrote:
On 05/09/2011 07:32 PM, Stefan Sabolowitsch wrote:
> Hi all,
> this is possible for other opennic DNS admins also from interest.
> We use for our 5 DNS servers (and now 2 opennic DNS SV) since longer time this statistic tools.
>
> http://dns.measurement-factory.com/tools/dsc/index.html
> http://dns.measurement-factory.com/tools/dsc/sample/index.html
>
> dsc is a system for collecting and presenting statistics from busy DNS servers.
> The dsc tool uses a CGI script to display data in a web browser.
> The interface allows user to change time scales, to select particular nodes within a DNS server cluster, and to isolate individual dataset keys.
>
> dsc consists of the following components:
>
>   *   A data collector
>   *   A data presenter, where data is archived and rendered
>   *   A method for securely transferring data from the collector to the presenter
>   *   Utilities and scripts that parse XML and archive files from the collector
>   *   Utilities and scripts that generate graphs and HTML pages

I like this, and myself, will be setting it up for my T2 and T1 DNS servers.

Do you happen to have a working example with graphs to show us?

--julian

ECO-HEALTH ENTERPRISES PTY LTD,

Tel: +61 86461 6975
GeoCell:  +8816 2246 1388,
Skype: bush-dweller
GeoLocation
AU:  -32.432900,116.028400

TransTelematics
General email: transtelematics AT gmail.com
Open Public Web: www.TransTelematics.eu
Open NPO/NGO www.Mamadomia.eu

This correspondence is for the named recipient(s)   use only.  It may contain confidential or legally privileged information or both.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by this transmission.  If you receive this correspondence in error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender. You must not disclose, copy or rely on any part of this correspondence if you are not the intended recipient.