discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] can't associate openNIC domain with server

Re: [opennic-discuss] can't associate openNIC domain with server

  • From: Dmitry Shalnoff <allother AT studio-o.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] can't associate openNIC domain with server
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 07:36:08 +0100

Hello guys, I need your help.

I was register couple of domains in .ENG and .GEEK zones week ago but still can't associate domains with server

Thanks to subhuman I found that 000webhost.com perfectly supports openNIC domains and register hosting there for both domains. But I still can't access both.

The process in details:

reg.for.free (.GEEK) control panel have 4 ns records fields. I fill it with IP (NS) addresses given by 000webhost.com as I usualy do with ICANN domains. It doesn't work. Control panel give no ability to add NS names, just IPs, so strange that NS names still default (ns1.<domain>.geek ... ). Julian was recommend me just reinsert IPs (cause, as I right understand, registry was broken) But it's still have no positive results.

what I'm doing wrong?

Today I decide to try second domain with register.ing registrar.
There are just two fields for (glue records) name and IP, does it means that I need some sort of separate DNS server (where I need to register dmain<-->server record and use address of it as glue address) or it is works by some how else?

I would like to start use OpenNIC domain but can't. Unfortunately I can't found any tutorial in wiki and forum. So I would be very appreciate for step by step explanation.

Dmitry