discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] can't associate openNIC domain with server

Re: [opennic-discuss] can't associate openNIC domain with server

  • From: Julian DeMarchi <julian AT jdcomputers.com.au>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] can't associate openNIC domain with server
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 16:50:49 +1000

> reg.for.free (.GEEK) control panel have 4 ns records fields. I fill it
> with IP (NS) addresses given by 000webhost.com as I usualy do with ICANN
> domains. It doesn't work. Control panel give no ability to add NS names,
> just IPs, so strange that NS names still default (ns1.<domain>.geek ...
> ). Julian was recommend me just reinsert IPs (cause, as I right
> understand, registry was broken) But it's still have no positive results.

As I've stated in a private email to yourself, I have to update the NS
records in the FRED registry.

To do this I need time. This is a volunteer effort, and I appreciate
your efforts to use OpenNIC to it's potential, but you have to realize I
also work a nearly 24x7 job. Not trying to be rude, but I don't like
being pushed, and I feel you are pushing me.

Patients is the key, just wait, it will be sorted out, I promise.

You are warmly welcome to help me iron out some of the bugs in the
system, and I can give you all the tips and source code to get you started.

--julian