discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] New search engine being populated

Re: [opennic-discuss] New search engine being populated

  • From: Alex Hanselka <alex AT hanselka.me>
  • To: <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] New search engine being populated
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 22:44:23 -0500

Awesome! So exciting to have a nice and new search engine :)

On Tue, 31 May 2011 21:32:24 -0600, Jeff Taylor wrote:
I have replaced the old search engine with the new code. While the
database is still being populated, it already contains a larger number
of indexed pages than the original engine. At this time I cannot give
any estimate of the timeframe for completion of the initial indexing,
but I have three servers checking OpenNic and NewNations websites 24
hours a day.

Please be aware that many search results are currently not showing a
description... These are pages which have been discovered (and
probably showed up in your search because of a match in the URL), but
these pages have not been indexed yet, so the content is unknown. As
the page indexing progresses, more information will be filled in.

New search engine: http://grep.geek/

Original search engine: http://grep.geek/orig/