discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] 1) browser for opennic sites welcome? 2) amount of opennic sites (appr.? for search engine)

Re: [opennic-discuss] 1) browser for opennic sites welcome? 2) amount of opennic sites (appr.? for search engine)

  • From: "Hanselka, Alex" <alex AT hanselka.name>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] 1) browser for opennic sites welcome? 2) amount of opennic sites (appr.? for search engine)
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 08:20:48 -0500

I am pretty sure we only index OpenNIC and peered TLDs... some however are mirrors of the main zones. Other than that, I have no idea.

On 6/22/2011 7:37 AM, JP Blankert (Tablet, seamonkey) wrote:

Dear opennic-ers,

1) we (alternativerootzone.org) just finished a browser, in which non-IANA domains can be resolved. Would you be interested in being visible in the browser as well, or do you say 'we already have so many browsers in which we can see (resolve) our opennic sites, don't bother'?

2) we started on a search engine for the alternative (=non IANA) zone as well. Aprr. how many opennic sites would there be to be included?

(I know people worked on mngo search a few weeks ago, but they included the whole web to my understanding, way 1 by indexing thru opennic and way 2 indexing the regular zone along usual links).

Any input very welcome, from SARZ (site mentioned) we would like to join forces with all people having alternative domain names, certainly now Icann very much favourized trademarks re new TLD's.

Best regards!

Philippe 22 June 2011