discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] .neo TLD Discussion

Re: [opennic-discuss] .neo TLD Discussion

  • From: Amrit Panesar <apanesar AT 4195tech.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] .neo TLD Discussion
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 14:32:13 -0700

On 8/20/2011 10:38 PM, Travis McCrea wrote:
> All eyes on Travis for this one? ;)
>
> I don't see any inherent flaw... maybe the "any competent legal
> jurisdiction" could be reworded to be less vague... Considering the
> United States' courts have ruled against clear rights defined in their
> constitution I would say that they are not competent legal
> jurisdiction.
Hehe, perhaps the flaw here is that the court system just isn't
competent to begin with, but that's a whole different discussion :P

> However, it is not a big issue it's fairly logical, don't infringe on a
> trademark.. and have fun.
Exactly, that's a great way of putting it.

> Other domains that are looking to start should use yours as a great
> example of a minimalist charter. :)
Huzzah! I'm glad this could serve as an example. My hours of
research/rewriting payed off :)

> I am not much into the emo/goth/whatever new fangle thing you are
> calling it now-a-days scene, but if you think that there is a calling
> for it... go ahead. I will vote in favour of this when the time comes.
Brilliant, I appreciate your input, I'll see if I can address that issue
you pointed out earlier.

Thanks!

--Amrit Panesar