discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] DNSName Bench

Re: [opennic-discuss] DNSName Bench

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] DNSName Bench
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 11:55:21 -0600

Not sure if this is what you need, but you can generate a list of T2 servers from a command prompt with this:
# dig dns.opennic.glue AXFR | grep IN[[:space:]]A | grep -v ^dns.opennic.glue | awk '{printf "%s\t%s\n",$1,$5}'

If you need a list of T1 servers, use this one:
# dig opennic.glue NS | grep IN[[:space:]]A | awk '{printf "%s\t%s\n",$1,$5}'

Both of these commands will give you the full list of IPv4 and IPv6 servers, along with their full hostname. The awk at the end simply strips out the unneeded fields and formats the data with a tab between hostname and IP. If you need a hostname without the trailing period, that can be fixed as well. The commands can also be adjusted to give ONLY ipv4 or ipv6 addresses.