discuss - [opennic-discuss] search engine for open nic/alt extensions? Alt Root Foundation

[opennic-discuss] search engine for open nic/alt extensions? Alt Root Foundation

  • From: "JP Blankert (Thuis PC)" <jpblankert AT zonnet.nl>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Cc: "info AT AlternativeRootZone.org" <info AT alternativerootzone.org>
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] search engine for open nic/alt extensions? Alt Root Foundation
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 23:28:18 +0100

Hi,

I probably missed it, but does someone already have a search engine for 'only' the extensions of open nic?

I would be interested in buying it, copying it whatever, in order to continue with the alt zone.

Today (not yet on the site) Alt Root Foundation has officially been founded, at the notary. It is officially located in Eindhoven, 'little Silicon Valley' of the (little) Netherlands. Goals etc will be published on altroot.com in the new year. Main objectives are to enlarge the freedom of new extensions on the web, and reduce the power of brands, IANA etc to reduce that. It also principly says there is no hierarchy between IANA ICANN and Alt Root - but one will not try to confiscate other's extensions. And NO whois database! (so it is more difficult to sue you on so called 'intellectual property' etc.

To interest our first clients, it would be interesting to - with alt-rootbrowser.com not only show their extension, as for .geek, .glue etc., but also to have a little search engine so they can look for more sites in a community of .berlin sites or .occupy sites we make.

Thank you for search engine suggestions! jpblankert AT zonnet.nl / info AT alternativerootzone.org

Best regards,

Philippe Blankert
(chairman of Alt Root foundation)