discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] new tier2 LA.CA.USA

Re: [opennic-discuss] new tier2 LA.CA.USA

  • From: Peter Green <peter AT greenpete.co.uk>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] new tier2 LA.CA.USA
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 13:52:30 +0000

Hey, I like the idea of your manual, I would love to have a copy.

Having just set one up my self I can see the howto on the main site is far
from comprehensive.

On the upside the guys on I.R.C. were great!

I am wondering 1)is it a good idea to use my main hosting server for a T2,
that is, will it adversely effect the hosting? And 2) is it possible to turn
off the reselver part of Bind whilst retaining the nameserver part thus
meaning I can try out being a fully fledged T2 but if the load gets too much
and effects my clients websites, can I revert to just using Bind as a name
server, i.e. block access previously given to the resolver?

Peter

Wanged from my Kaiser by a mischievous pixie!