discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] new tier2 LA.CA.USA

Re: [opennic-discuss] new tier2 LA.CA.USA

  • From: Hospedaje Web y Servidores Dedicados <ventas AT dedicados.com.mx>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] new tier2 LA.CA.USA
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 08:13:04 -0600

right now is a barebone manual, but let me make it more "presentable" and then i post it here.

is really easy to do it.

using your actual server to be tier2 can be a little painfull, because, you have to edit your named.conf, and if you are using any control panel, named.conf is already configured and maintained by them. So, if you add the opennic config, maybe make the panel dont work properly also your accounts.

you have to change resolv.conf ips to opennic ips, and not with your actuals ips.  Is better to had a tier2 server, and a hosting server separately. so in tier2 you can set up and make it work, and in the hosting if you want to host opennic domains, just change resolv.conf ips.

alex

Ing. Alejandro M.
Hospedaje Web y Servidores Dedicados
http://www.dedicados.com.mx
------
correo / msn: ventas AT dedicados.com.mx
skype: dedicados