discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Odd lines in named log file

Re: [opennic-discuss] Odd lines in named log file

  • From: Rampant Badger <badger AT rampantbadger.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Odd lines in named log file
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 20:49:01 -0500

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 5:59 PM, Peter Green <peter AT greenpete.co.uk> wrote:
> Ok, thanks.
>
> I guess then that whoever is making the queries is doing it manually.
>
> In which case it is likely to be someone messing about?

Again, I don't see that as anything other than a benign query. What I
meant to illustrate is that there are tools which typically convert
queries to lower case before submitting them (e.g. your web browser)
and others which pass them as they are handed to them (e.g. dig).
Absent other unusual or malevolent looking aspects, the fact that the
query has upper/lower cases isn't something I would worry about.

RB