discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Presentation of the .bit TLD and preparative work before votation/peering/else

Re: [opennic-discuss] Presentation of the .bit TLD and preparative work before votation/peering/else

  • From: Amrit Panesar <apanesar AT 4195tech.com>
  • To: "discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org" <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Presentation of the .bit TLD and preparative work before votation/peering/else
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 10:58:55 -0700

On Mar 18, 2012, at 23:38, Maximi89 <maximi89 AT gmail.com> wrote:

2012/3/19 Travis McCrea <me AT travismccrea.com>
You could do it, you just need to have a central server which parses all the current .bit domains available and their routing info (which is currently being done anyway, even if not on a central computer). So there would be no reason, that I can see, that it wouldn't work.

Because could be really interesting in have OpenNIC using P2P tech... as static as  well... so this way all the users can access using normal computers, smartphones, and in the other way can use a P2P domains who are not censored... using the software for P2P DNS

we need to innovate :D

Hah, I wish it was that simple on iOS, though for jailbroken devices, it might be.

has anyone looked into making apps for blackberry and palm devices? it might be another direction to look into

--
Maximiliano Augusto Castañón Araneda
Santiago, Chile

Skype: maximi89