discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] question

Re: [opennic-discuss] question

  • From: Alex Hanselka <alex AT opennicproject.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] question
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 13:23:58 -0500

I will have to respectfully disagree with you. I am the listmaster here and
have used both mailman and sympa. We recently switched to Sympa from mailman.

Sympa has many features I enjoy, which include a nice web interface, securely
stored passwords that don't get emailed to you insecurely every month,
LDAP/SQL/Other sorts of inclusions for mailing lists and accounts, and many
more.

Mailman has none of those in my opinion at this time.

Also, in the future, if you are trying to get someone to take some sort of
action, it is probably better to include more details than "It's better."
For instance, why is it better? Have you administrated a mailman server
before? Do you have a particular feature or something that is "better?"
Better can mean a lot of things to different people and just saying an action
or software is "better" leaves a lot to the imagination!

Thanks,
Alex