discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] SQL Injection on a .free domain

Re: [opennic-discuss] SQL Injection on a .free domain

  • From: Ariel Millennium Thornton <arielmt AT thornton2.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] SQL Injection on a .free domain
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 15:47:24 -0600

There would be little value as far as OpenNIC-related purposes would go,
but there is tremendous value in compromising Web servers regardless of
intended purpose. Among the more obvious nefarious reasons is to use a
compromised site as a phishing hook, whose IP address or fast flux-like
DNS address (accessible recursively through ICANN) is sent in phishing
lure spam messages.

It's very possible, I daresay likely, that your server's attacker(s) are
completely unaware of OpenNIC.

- -ArielMT