discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] SQL Injection on a .free domain

Re: [opennic-discuss] SQL Injection on a .free domain

  • From: Peter Green <peter AT greenpete.co.uk>
  • To: <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] SQL Injection on a .free domain
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 00:35:21 +0100

On Sun, 6 May 2012 19:32:55 -0500, novaking AT eztv.se wrote:

Popularity will always bring unwanted attention. But majority of the time
it is bots simply crawling sites and testing against known SQL injections
to software.

Very true!

But realistically your site shouldn't have any code that allows SQL
injections ;P

The reason I know about the attack is because I have detection systems running and the one that reported the attack also blocked it.

Peter