discuss - Domain registry software (was Re: [opennic-discuss] We're on Torrentfreak!)

Domain registry software (was Re: [opennic-discuss] We're on Torrentfreak!)

  • From: Bersl <bersl2 AT bersl2.info>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Domain registry software (was Re: [opennic-discuss] We're on Torrentfreak!)
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 03:24:37 -0500

As part of the effort to get .eq up and running, and since it was
plainly obvious that no one liked any of the existing ones very much,
I've been working on writing some domain registry software in Django.
It occurred to me instantly that using the existing DNS UPDATE
mechanism was infinitely preferable to trying to bother with zone
files myself. Plus, this library really caught my eye:

http://www.dnspython.org/

Barring any new distractions or stumbling blocks, I should have a
very, very simple prototype working by Saturday. I'll post a
repository URL then if anyone's interested. Feedback of any kind would
of course be welcome.